Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Disappointment

Today was not the best day that we have had. On Monday, I was sure that many people in Plainview would be interested in buying the book about Mr. LaFont. He was such a nice man, and two of the people that called and ordered a book, told me how much they liked Judge Harold LaFont. Now it has been two days since we have sold one either by phone or through amazon.com. Darla may have sold some more, but Plainview is about an hour away from Littlefield, so more than likely they would order one via telephone or on-line.
On a much more sorrowful note, Bob's best friend, Jerry Hughes, died today at home in Midlothian, Texas. I liked Jerry, too, and I never made myself take the time to go to the hospital while he had surgery and was recovering for about six weeks. The surgery did not improve the quality of his life. Jerry wrote the foreword for our book, Clovis Road. He died from pancreatic cancer. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment